Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Getting Started

My name is Peter Szaraz and I am a senior at the University of Northern Colorado with a major in journalism and minors in communication studies and political science. The purpose of this blog is to cover local issues in Greeley by attending city council meetings, and national issues like the 2012 presidential election.

Blogging to me is an excuse to write more, but not a bad one. My passion is to write and at the same time, this course gives me a chance to expose my work to the public. Nothing really scares me about blogging. In fact, I am confident that I will do well blogging about topics like the election. I have been paying close attention to it within the past year by watching debates and speeches.

Blogging is different than other college assignments because in a way it feels like social networking. This art allows me to write seriously about things you're passionate about and vent your feelings like in a journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment