Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Class Reflections

Blogging assignments are a lot different than other assignments that I have previously had in my journalism classes. Unlike the other stories that we had to do, these stories were due at a deadline. Sometimes we would be assigned a blog , and it would be due later that day by midnight.

I did enjoy writing the blogs because it keeps me writing. As an aspiring novelist and writer, I am aware that people who say that want to write as a career do not continuing doing it. These blogs keep me writing and help me to master the skill even more.

What I learned in this class is how a city council works. The hours are lengthy and it is important to know what they are going to talk about beforehand, so that the topics make sense. It is important as a journalist to pay attention closely at these meetings. This is what I would have liked to have known before this class started.

Although there is nothing that I wish I would have learned, I would say that I learned how to keep up with school and deadlines. This class had loads of work packed on, and I managed to complete everything because I paid attention, went to class and did my work when it needed to be done.

My advice for incoming students would be to get ready to go the extra mile as a journalist in this class. In this class, it is required that students write a story that will get published in The Greeley Tribune. This calls for interviewing, calling people and possibly traveling.


No comments:

Post a Comment